Providence is a professional service provider that delivers a range of services to Government and Industry. Providence has 100+ staff located across Australia and overseas.
Providence was incorporated in 2005 and our success is founded in our positive organisational culture. Our primary focus is building a resilient and self-sustaining organisation that delivers rewarding careers and opportunities for our staff and great outcomes and benefits for our clients.
Providence collaboratively works with our clients to deliver expected outcomes and to build their capabilities, performance and reputation. We foster long-term relationships with our clients and provide authentic, ethical and outcomes-focused services.
At Providence, our identity and culture are expressed through our people. We place a high premium on recruiting staff who reflect our shared values and behaviours. We work with our clients in a positive and inclusive culture and actively support indigenous development opportunities and our local communities.
- Program and Project management
- Project Management Offices
- Capacity planning
- Project support
- Life cycle costing
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Issue, risk and opportunity management
- Earned value management
- Capability lifecycle management
- Strategy and governance
- Project support
- Policies, procedures and workflows
- Enabling capabilities and tools
- Procurement plans, tender preparation and evaluation
- Contract management plans and reports
- Performance management
- Realisation of outcomes and benefits
- Strategic & Business Planning
- Business diagnostics and transformation programs
- Organisation design
- Strategic communications
- Process improvement
- Coaching and mentoring
- Business continuity
- Security risk management
- Critical infrastructure
- Quality control
- Fraud and investigations
- Policies, procedures, workflows and tools
- Education and training
- Compliance audits
Recent examples of our services
- Vice Chief of Defence Force Group – providing stakeholder management and strategic analysis capabilities supporting Defence future structure plans.
- Defence Joint Capability Group – increasing capabilities and effectiveness of Joint Military Police and Joint Health Command through organisational analysis and transformation services.
- Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group – improving acquisition and sustainment of major Defence capability platforms, as a member of the Team Downer Major Service Provider.
- Chief Information Officer Group – delivering critical ICT capabilities through project management and procurement and contracting services.
- Rheinmetall Defence Australia – supporting acquisition of mounted combat reconnaissance vehicles through provision of program management, procurement and project control capabilities.
- National Disability Insurance Agency – increasing capabilities and effectiveness across ICT capabilities through business improvement services.
- Rio Tinto – increasing effectiveness and efficiency through vendor management support capabilities.
- Department of Home Affairs – increasing a range of security and risk management capabilities through organisational risk and resilience services.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – enabling improved security risk management capabilities.
- Australian Electoral Commission – increasing security risk management capabilities across the Australian Electoral Office.
Director General, Headquarters Joint Operations Command
“Providence have recently demonstrated their superior ability to unpack complicated issues and identify credible paths for the future. They led a project involving a significant number of Defence participants with a diverse range of views. They coached us through a wide variety of critical thinking tools. These activities were sequenced in a logical manner resulting in all participants being taken on a coherent intellectual journey. By the conclusion of the project all participants had a sense of ownership in outcomes and were able to present these to Defence senior leadership (COSC submission).”
ADF Provost Marshal
“This strategic plan enables our organisation to achieve its mission and vision for the next two years by fostering organisational alignment to strategic objectives and supporting the growing maturity of the organisation. Delivery against the Roadmap is critical to ensure we meet stakeholder expectations. Thank you to the team for the significant stakeholder engagement, systems thinking and collaborative approach. It’s been a pleasure working with you.”
Director General, Australian Defence Simulation and Training Centre
“I am delighted with the outcomes from this program of work. You have demonstrated outstanding strategic systems thinking and generated significant benefits for Defence. Most importantly, the knowledge transfer you’ve provided to my staff has increased Army’s abilities to drive improvement and change. This is something that we have struggled with in the past.”
Director General Army Operations
“The work conducted by Providence in the development of the Department’s systems for managing security has been exceptional. Providence provided expert guidance and developed high quality policies, frameworks and products. Providence’s support to me and my team has been invaluable. Their efforts have assisted Home Affairs to meet its 2018 PSPF obligations and has positioned us to further improve our capabilities. This work has attracted high regard from other portfolio agencies.”
Assistant Secretary, Department of Home Affairs
“Providence were instrumental in enabling the Branch to better meet customer expectations. Through their excellent systems-level and critical thinking capabilities, our Executive were enabled to build capabilities to support the 26 programs across our three SPOs. Providence are now supporting our organisation with a range of Project Management, Project Controls, Procurement and Contract Management and Business Improvement services.
It has been a pleasure working with the Providence team. Their highly skilled people and collaborative, transparent and friendly nature has made for an enjoyable working relationship.”
Assistant Secretary, CASG
“Defence has been able to better support Tri-services vision and provide an improved service, thanks to the Continuous Improvement program established by your team. The rigour in developing and implementing the program, with robust stakeholder engagement throughout the journey and supporting staff through hands-on training is world-class. Thanks for a job well-done in a complex, maturing environment”.
Director General Defence Force Recruiting
“As a result of our engagement with Providence, our organisation has experienced significant transformation and change for the better. Our capabilities continue to improve, and the organisation re-alignment has allowed us to deliver considerable financial and non-financial benefits”.
Group Executive, Pharmacy Guild of Australia